Tagboard
Saturday, February 02, 2008
friends for keeps
i had a very bad week.. monday was ok because we dont have classes.. but tues came, and i started to feel sick.. at first i was on denial that i am sick.. i do not want to pamper my illness since there is no room for any virus or bacteria to take into my system.. wednesday i started having fever.. but still i managed to go to gateway at night to meet with mr. animator for our physio subject.. then came thursday night, finally, the thing i always fear of whenever i get sick, is the feeling of "bedridden".. as in i can hardly move and stand..
it feared me at first to get sick coz i was thinking that no one would take good care of me.. or better yet, i do not want to disturb my housemates.. i even thought if i were in my old bmi dorm, i would not worry if i get sick coz i know i have my dormates/sisses there who would take good care of me.. and i've proven that a lot of times.. but then i was wrong.. i over-judged my present housemates.. the reyes sisters, jc and karen, where my nurses on thursday night..and then i realized that i'm still lucky for having good friends like them here in my dorm.. at least before i move out at the end of the school year, i felt the care i've been missing from my bmi sisses...
another touching thing that happened that night.. my sister, tami, and my 2 bmi sisses, chy and mavi, gave me a suprised visit that night.. they were the ones panicking re my condition.. when they saw the petiche rashes when jc did the torniquet test on me, mavi and chy and tami wanted me to go to emergency that same night.. haha.. that's sooo sweet of them..
and how should i forget my med friends.. mina and tere, who accompanied me yesterday, friday, as i had a check up at the health service.. they were with me during my laboratory tests, until i got the results.. then janel gave me a text that night telling me to get well soon..
now i know i should have no worries of being sick.. coz i have my friends who are there for me.. who are willing to take good care of me.. despite the absence of my parents physically, a lot of my friends replaced their care.. and i am so thankful for giving me friends like them!!! ^_^
and for those who were there during that time that i failed to mention, you know who you are.. and i'm so thankful that you're part of my life.. (drama!)
FRIENDS FOR KEEPS...