Tagboard
Saturday, May 13, 2006
stormy job hunting escapade
the storm Caloy hit the country.. with howling winds and non-stop rains... many places were affected, and one of them is Batangas... i was not able to go home this weekend... well, my primary reason was that i am off from a job-hunting... and another, is that, i have heard that the winds are so strong and it's raining... and make things worse, there is no electricity since last night, and until now, that my mom texted me and asked me if i would be arriving.. too bad on mothers' day, i was not home...

this day is an adventure.. my adventure started yesterday, off from my duty as early as 12pm, so i grabbed the opportunity to find for a job.. though i am aware that there is a storm, and that the MEtro Manila area is signal 1, i still took the risk.. i first went to commonwealth, at English Channel company, which i heard from my co-interns Dianne and EJ... i was not familiar with the place.. i just took an SM Fairview fx as instructed, and with the landmarks given to me, thank God, i arrived... somehow i told my self that i have passed the place... then there, i saw a green building right next to Convergys, with me is my resume, kinda wet because of the rains... i went up to the 4th floor, then headed towards their office.. but to my surprise, even during application processes, i should have with me an NBI clearance, which i do not have yet.. they are also asking for my TCG, and of course, pictures... too bad, my prepared resume was not used.. then thinking about that, i decided to try in Convergys, though i really have no plans of working on call centers... it was a wow, that the people in call centers really are English speaking!!! as in like, **Nosebleed!!**..... i just submitted my resume, and filled up a piece of paper asking for some information... then i left, without asking whatever the next step would be.. maybe i got intimidated by the woman on the front desk....

then i have to make my way to Megamall for my plan B, in AHEAD tutorial center... from commonwealth, i really do not know how to go to mega... plus, with the heavy rains, the more i was pushed to ride a cab.. but then i observed that something is wrong with the meter of that cab... we have not reached Philcoa yet, and the meter was already pHp70... take note: there was no traffic! then i just took off at MRT station, anticipating the traffic in EDSA that would have reached my fare in pHp500....

then i arrived at mega... not knowing again where the AHEAD tutorial center is located, i went straight to 4th floor, walked the entire floor looking for the center.. i really do not know how it looked like... i walked and walked, not knowing i reached the other end, realizing i was already in bldg B.. it's a good thing that i bribed my self that i'll try going to 5th floor for the last time... and if i would not be able to find it, then i will go home... as i walked and walked, i finally saw the center... i submitted my resume... they asked me if i would want to take the exam right then and there, however it will take 3 hours... so i re-scheduled the following day, which is today, 1pm... and because of my scheduled exam, i decided to sleep at my aunt's house in kingsville, antipolo. it's a blessing in disguise that she happened to be in megamall that day...

so this morning, i woke up late, around 9am..i ate, took a bath, and fixed my self... from kingsville, i really don't have any idea how to get to megamall... again and again, i just took the risk from my aunt's directions, that i have to go to sta. lucia, then from there, there are jeepneys going cainta/junction... i have no idea how the places look like... then my aunt said that i would see a stop light, then go down, then there are fx going megamall... i am thankful for being blessed with sense of direction... hehe.... i was able to take the test, though i was 30 minutes late.. too bad... anyweiz, the exam was like the upcat... basic.. but what i fear is that because the exam was too simple that they might be hiring the ones who have the top scores... hay.... but i wanted that work... adventure, new world, new experience, and it is what we call service...

good luck for me.. but then, if i fail, i won't stop from trying and trying... how i just wish things will be ok soon... i have to be positive and strive hard... i want to prove something to my self.. i have fears though, but as long as i believe that God is there for me, i am determined to stay strong and independent!!!!=p