Tagboard
Monday, April 17, 2006
Grey's Anatomy and other disorganized thoughts
Grey's Anatomy focuses on young people struggling to be doctors and doctors struggling to stay human. It's the drama and intensity of medical training mixed with the funny, sexy, painful lives of interns who are about to discover that neither medicine nor relationships can be defined in black and white. Real life only comes in shades of grey.(http://www.tv.com/greys-anatomy/show/24440/summary.html&full_summary=1).....

whew! i have just started liking this show... but it seemsi was totally attracted to the show that i found myself browsing on the internet for this... i was captured with the line which i posted above.... "neither medicine nore relationships can be defined in black and white. real life only comes in shades of grey"... very metaphorical...

i was told by Francis that according to his mom, Gray's Anatomy is a "bible" in field of medicine. i find it "astig" such that they were able to relate the "bible" into a tv series... well i guess, what attracts me most is my interest of entering a med school... when i watch the show, i imagine my self that someday i would be like one of them, officially be called an intern, having challenging duties in hospitals, meeting patients, and making an impact on their lives...

it's already 11:33 pm, and it seems i am not productive enough... i have only done doing the results and discussions of one of our patients 2 weeks ago, and i am scheduled to start the psych eval of my patient this morning to prevent piling up of work... but i haven't started the latter yet... i cannot afford to stay up late coz i have to wake up 6 in the morning....

jihan and ads visited me a while ago here at dorm... around 7:45 pm... my gosh! i miss talking to other people... like, i am home alone in here, no one to talk to...my friends here in dorm are having practicum, which they are not staying here the entire summer and some moved out..during duty hours, i cannot afford to talk and talk because i have other things to attend to... i really missed talking... oww, it's a good therapy for me, aside from eating...

speaking of eating.... before ending today's duty, was acted strange, according to my friends and co-interns... i had a very awkward look on my face, and they were able to infer from my facial expressions that i was hungry that time... they really are my friends...they already know what my facial expressions represent. funny.... it's good to know that my friends really know me... with that simple behavior of mine... at least i won't be judged "masungit" or "mataray", for those who know me well... but if that would be other people, or perhaps strangers, i would be mistaken negatively.... that's life, you cannot please everybody..

i just realize, i have very disorganized thoughts tonight.. my brain was drained because of that report i made.. and i still have to face the reality, still have to do another one... it's a good thing that melissa, my neighbor here in dorm, lend me the internet connection.. it really is a blessing.. in times like this, things happen on purpose... i wish my self good luck on this...in my practicum... i will give my best shot for this... i have a goal..to make up for my performance last summer.... and this is a good training and exposure for me... i think....

lastly, back to Grey's Anatomy...it's really a wonderful show... i rate it A+.... very interesting... and challenging... whether in line or planning to be in line or not in medicine, the show presents a more positive way of facing and handling challenges in life... that even a hard path can be crossed with a smooth road....